Memories For A Lifetime

Since my last post...

I've been busier than ever!

          Last week, I traveled to Laredo, Texas, for the American College Dance Festival. Before I went to Laredo, I must admit I let it's reputation as a border town get the best of me. With that said, however, Laredo was one of the most amazing cities I've ever visited. The people were extremely welcoming and friendly at all times. 

          The festival, itself, was held at Texas A&M International University. I still can't believe how great their facilities were. While there, I had the opportunity to take master classes in lyrical jazz, yoga, creative dance for children, modern, rhythmic analysis, relaxation through imagery and injury prevention. Also, I performed in two adjudicated works. The feeling I had performing on that stage was indescribable. I felt like the months of hard work, blood, blisters and tears finally paid off in the end. It was the perfect ending for my undergraduate college career. 

          Following the trip, I found myself faced with midterms. While the "Old Gina" would've let these midterms consume all of her time and energy, the "New Gina" didn't. In fact, I went to see the Eli Young Band perform just last night even though I had two midterms today. Yep, it's official senioritis has set in. 

          The Eli Young Band put on a show like no other. Since the concert was held in a venue that held only 750 people, I felt honored to have tickets. Thanks again to The Daily Sentinel for the giveaway. While the performance of the band was amazing, I must admit I was quite bothered by the way some people chose to carry themselves. Before I even entered, I witnessed an arrest being made. By the time the first song was performed, I saw grown men drunk to the point of no return, and by the end of the concert, I saw a facility practically destroyed by the broken beer bottles and cans scattered throughout the place. Needless to say, it wasn't enjoyable at that point.

          Wow! I can't believe I ranted so much about that. On a more positive note, Spring Break officially begins for me at 4 tomorrow. Immediately following rehearsals, I'll be Houston bound...can't wait!

On the way to Laredo, we stopped at Buc-ee's in Wharton. I love, love, love this place!

The view from our hotel room. 

Yet again, another view from our hotel room.

What happens after a week of just dance!

Mike Eli...yep, I was that close! :)












    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013…Where did you go?

Hi!

Dance! Dance! Dance!