Dance! Dance! Dance!

So I don't know about you, but I'm so looking forward to the numerous dance television shows/movies coming out this summer.  I'm so excited about this that I've decided to devote an entire post to it. Enjoy!

First Position

This is a documentary that follows ballet dancers as they compete for dance scholarships. Unfortunately, there are limited screenings, so you'll have to go to the River Oaks Theatre if you reside in the Houston area. The only other screenings in Texas are in Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin. The film opens on May 18.

Breaking Pointe

This show premieres on May 31 on the CW. It follows the lives of members of Ballet West, a professional company within Salt Lake City, Utah. 



Bunheads

If you're as much of an ABC Family fanatic as I am, I'm sure you've seen the previews for this show for the past few months. Brought to you by the creator of Gilmore Girls, this show premieres on June 11.



All the Right Moves

This docu-series is still in the making but will star Travis Wall as he struggles to make a successful dance company. It will air on Oxygen.

So You Think You Can Dance

Of course, you can't forget the show that started it all. The ninth season of So You Think You Can Dance premieres on Fox on May 24. I can't wait! :)






Comments

  1. Can't wait or Bunheads! I love dance shows, except Dance Moms! Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Ashley! Dance Moms is a little ridiculous these days! Very dramatic! I must admit I'm a huge fan of Kimmy from Dance Moms Miami though...best 9 year old ever! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously in LOVE with Ballet West! We always saw The Nutcracker in Salt Lake when I was younger which obviously inspired me to do ballet :) I had NO idea they were doing that show!!! SO excited now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheyenne! I totally forgot that you were from Utah. That's so awesome that you've seen them before...they look amazing from the previews.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2013…Where did you go?

Hi!