"If you have no critics, you'll likely have no success."




It has been quite some time since I've updated my blog. Shame on me! I had planned on writing weekly, but my schedule bacame jam-packed. In fact, I really should be filling out paperwork for the SFA Repertory Dance Company ACDFA trip right now, but I'm writing this instead.

Last week was surreal. My name was in The Pine Log once again but not as a byline to a story. My name became a story. To be more specific, my name was thrown around numerous times in a Letter To The Editor. This letter was by a hospitality professor at SFA who wasn't too hospitable. Apparently, I had ruffled her feathers quite a bit with my "Meal plan rantings" piece. 

I really didn't think there was anything too debatable about my piece. I guess this is why I was so puzzled by the letter. I mean the food in the cafeteria is awful, 99 percent of the student body would agree. The food is expensive, 99 percent of the student body, yet again, would agree. With that said, however, this professor disagreed.

This professor practically called me uneducated, unhealthy and simple-minded. Yet, she didn't even know me! She even took the time to further bash my opinions piece in her class. From what I hear, it was the focus of an entire day. Yep, it even became a topic of discussion on online hospitality classes not taught by her. Needless to say, I don't think I'm welcome in the hospitality department any time soon.

With that said, however, many good things happened to me since my last blog. I had two front page articles published in The Pine Log about the career services department. Oh yeah , I also had a so-called rebuttal to her rebuttal published today for my second opinions piece. I'm starting to get the hang of this whole yearbook thing, and I think I'm on a roll with my senior piece. I guess I'll leave you until next time with my song of the week..."Don't Hold Your Breath" by Nicole Scherzinger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013…Where did you go?

Hi!

Dance! Dance! Dance!